Why can I not delete records in a dbf standalone table in 10.1? Never had prob 10.0

Jump to solution
10-09-2012 08:29 AM
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III
As the question states...
Never seen this issue before with 10.0 or 9x versions.

Standalone dbf III or IV table (dBase table), unable to delete selected record or delete highlighted records in edit mode?
These functions are greyed out.

In edit mode, the fields are white, indicating editing... I can alter any attributes, even add new rows and add attributes.
This can be saved.

Everything except delete selected rows or delete highlighted.
Thoughts?

Setting somewhere?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
That issue is currently a bug that is logged:  Bug NIM-082896.  It indicates that the Delete Selected button is grayed out, but will probably also be related to the same function through the drop down menu if you right click on a selected record.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
Don't know, but get out of edit mode, select the records you want to delete, switch the selection, then export to a new table would be a plausible workaround.
0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for the quick reply.
I do have manual temporary workarounds in place and its good for future reference that you suggested an easy workaround, just wondering why deleting records in dBase tables is no longer possible in 10.1 when it always was before. 

There are several instances in place automated (coded) which now have to be changed if this is no longer possible.
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
That issue is currently a bug that is logged:  Bug NIM-082896.  It indicates that the Delete Selected button is grayed out, but will probably also be related to the same function through the drop down menu if you right click on a selected record.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-bLE_OOY6Zt-r
New Contributor

I have this same problem.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The aforementioned bug was finally addressed in ArcGIS 10.2.1 (ArcGIS 10.2.1 Issues Addressed List).  I must admit, I am surprised they bothered to fix it.

JohnSchweisinger
Occasional Contributor

Maybe needs to be in edit mode? 

0 Kudos