Where can I find raw tabulated data to use in ArcGIS?

01-01-2016 01:55 PM
PhillipCarew1
New Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS 10.1 for home us to become more familiar with ArcGIS and I'm looking for data I can use for analysis/practice. I've also been working through some virtual training courses, but I wanted to use some basic data and do my own thing as well. Having checked the Living Atlas and ArcGIS the layers I download are somewhat restricted and I can't find tabulated data to work with.

Does anyone have suggestions for where I can find georeferenced data in .csv or similar formats?

Location and age of the data isn't important.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

First places I would check - the BLS and the Census Bureau:

Databases, Tables & Calculators by Subject

Data Tools and Apps

ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Just some more info - you can find lots of labor market and census data between those two links. You can obtain this in raw/flat file format. For the Census data, I would check out the ACS datasets.

Just a word of advice, you will really want to study the documentation so you know how to use the data, it can get complicated. Some of the data is meant to fit within a federal-defined, relational database structure (WID).

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

Try googling GIS warehouses there is lots of data out there.You may also want to check government websites like state or department of natural resources.

0 Kudos