US Address - Street Name - Intersections Connectors - Empty

09-14-2011 11:16 AM
MichaelDesroches
New Contributor
Hi there,

Not sure if this is a bug, or if it is built in.

After creating a "US Address - Street Name" Address Locator, if I right click on the properties and try to add variables such as "@ / and &" they disappear after clicking OK.

Another Address Locator was built using the same information and the Intersection Connectors field is populated.

Any thoughts?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RaúlFernández
New Contributor II
Hi Jennifer,

I have the same problem..  some progress on this question ??

Thxs.
Raúl Fernández.
0 Kudos
MichaelDesroches
New Contributor
I was never able to get the "US Address - Street Name" Address Locator Style to work with the Intersections Connectors. As a work around I used the "US Address - One Range" Address Locator Style instead.
0 Kudos
Kevin_FernandoEscalera_Robles
New Contributor III

I have the same problem, I'm using the "US Address - Street Name" Address Locator Style because the streets lines FC that I'm using has no information about nhouse numbers range at all, for that reason I wanted to use intersections.

Did anyone finally make this work? or is it a fact that this style doesn't support intersections?.

Any comments would be helpfull.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I was just reading this thread and searching the online help docs when Bruce posted his response.

Seems to me that the Street Name locator style is pretty limited in its use.  The Dual Range style of locator does in fact support intersections; you might give this a try:

Add four 'phony' address range fields of numeric type to your reference data

LeftFrom  LeftTo

RightFrom  RightTo

Calculate all the values to 0 (zero)

Create a US Streets Dual Range locator referencing the data you just modified

Specify the intersection connectors of your choice

Build it and try it....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Joe, I've also tryed what you suggested an it doesn't work , the locator works fine for searching streets by name, and if I look the properties I can see that the Suport intersections options is set to true, but when I search a street It always returns Address not found.

Does anyone else know a workaround?, the thing is that I won't have range info.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I just built one with all the address ranges set to 0 (zero).  I can find intersections not problem using a table for the source as well as interactively.

That should just about do it....
New Contributor III

then I must be doing something wrong, I've added 4 fields to my streets featureCass, FromLeft, ToLeft, FromRight, ToRight. All of them are Short integer, and used field calculator to set their values to zero. Then I've created a Dual Range Address locator (both on the same File Geodatabase) with this properties:

captura.jpg

my address locator works just fine when I look for specific streets

captura_SoloCalle_funciona.jpg

but still fails for intersections

captura_interseccion_no_funciona.jpg

Joe Borgione I'm pretty new at working with address locators, and maybe I'm missing something, since you made it work, any idea what could be wrong?

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Is your data actually planarized?  Features need to be split at intersections.

A single logical street should be many polyline features, broken at intersections.

Regards

New Contributor III

thanks for your help Bruce, that was the problem, after I planarize the street lines, it started to work, then I realized tha for intersections I don't have to put the city info, just the street names and it works just fine.

0 Kudos