Underlying DBMS error [ORA-29875: failed in the execution of the ODCIINDEXINSERT rout

02-04-2012 06:27 PM
EmadAl-Mousa
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

i have a feature class that is versioned with st_geometry storage. when i try to edit it using ArcMap with an Oracle user that has the full editing privileges i receive the following error:

Underlying DBMS error [ORA-29875: failed in the execution of the ODCIINDEXINSERT routine
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-06512: at "SDE.SPX_UTIL", line 925
ORA-06512: at "SDE.SPX_UTIL", line 960
ORA-06512 at "SDE.ST_DOMAIN_METHODS", line 1906

however, when i try editing layer using the "schema owner", i don't receive this error !!! and editing works fine.

My Geodatabase environment is:

DBMS: Oracle 11g R2
ArcSDE Version: ArcSDE 10 SP2
Unix Server: IBM AIX 6.1

The layers are hosted in a "user-schema geodatbase".

Please check the attached error message.

can somebody help?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mvisekru
New Contributor II
Have you checked the SDE schema of the user-schema geodatabase for any invalid objects?

I have come across this issue and resolved it by recompiling the SPX_UTIL package.
0 Kudos
EmadAl-Mousa
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for your feedback.

I did recompile SPX_UTIL package under "SDE" schema, and it recompiled successfully (it was not initially invalid).

However, when i try to put the layer in ArcMap again i receive the following error:

Error: ORA-29861: domain index is marked LOADING/FAILED/UNUSABLE

Regards,
0 Kudos
SelahattinTASPINAR
New Contributor
Hi,

You have some unusable spatial indexes which you can find by executing this SQL:

SQL> SELECT owner,index_name,table_name from all_indexes where domidx_status !='VALID' or domidx_opstatus!='VALID';

Then you should delete and re-create the spatial index if you can.

Otherwise delete the layer and re-create it.

Sincerely
0 Kudos