----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
6 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
According to Microsoft this could be a bug based on what you may be trying to do.  A such, one work around suggestion might be to use a Float data type rather than a Decimal:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21483818

However, as a first measure it might be best to install the Feature Pack for SQL Server 2008, service pack 3. It should be available as a 32- or 64-bit installer.  I would suggest this first to see if it clears up your issue before changing data types.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
According to Microsoft this could be a bug based on what you may be trying to do.  A such, one work around suggestion might be to use a Float data type rather than a Decimal:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21483818

However, as a first measure it might be best to install the Feature Pack for SQL Server 2008, service pack 3. It should be available as a 32- or 64-bit installer.  I would suggest this first to see if it clears up your issue before changing data types.

Thank you very much William for the help,

The second reason can be the issue.

I got this problem while I�??m trying to access SQL server 2012 database (*.mdf) stored on the server machine from a client machine that has SQL server 2008 installed.

If this is the issue, do I need then to uninstall the SQL server 2008 and install the SQL server 2012 on the client machine?

Is it easy to uninstall the SQL server 2008 from the client machine?
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
I believe you would want your native client version to match the version of your server's database.  Please try to upgrade the client (either 32 or 64 bit) to match the server and let me know if this resolves the issue.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
I believe you would want your native client version to match the version of your server's database.  Please try to upgrade the client (either 32 or 64 bit) to match the server and let me know if this resolves the issue.

Many thanks William for the help,

There is an option on the SQL server to upgrdte to 2012. I tried it but I got other error messages. I preferred to format the client machine and install everything from scratch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30419[/ATTACH]

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Occasional Contributor III
What William was saying was, upgrade your SQL Native client on your workstation, to match the SQL Native Client which was already installed on your SQL Server.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
What William was saying was, upgrade your SQL Native client on your workstation, to match the SQL Native Client which was already installed on your SQL Server.

Thanks Leo.

I did but I got error while I was trying to upgrade the client machine to match the SQL on the server machine.

However, I have formatted the client machine and installed everything from scratch. At the moment, all work fine.

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos