Unable to save a checked-out geodatabase after editing with 10.1 sp1

12-26-2012 01:11 PM
DonnaRiebe
New Contributor III
Greetings,

I am trying to edit a checked out file geodatabase (created from a 9.3 sql server sde version) using 10.1 sp1.  I can occasionly save new features that I create, or create then cut into two, but generally if I try to edit something that already exists I get an error message that says "Unable to save edits.  Unexpected operation [ORG_Parcels]'  Parcels is the name of my feature class.  I have had this copy of ArcGIS for about three weeks now and was previously able to edit and save to a different checked out geodatabase from the same version. 

I have tried to edit this same checked out database in the office with 9.3 and 10.0 and it saves just fine (with 9.3 same machine it was created on, 10.0 is a different computer).  I now suspect it is a 9.3 vs. 10.1 issue.

Has anyone else run into this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

Thank you

Donna Riebe
IT/GIS
MT DNRC
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MasaoMatsuoka
Occasional Contributor
We are having similar issue with 10.1 SP1. The only difference is that, in our case, we check out, then add a topology, then edit. The error message says "Unable to save edits. Unexpected operation [ORG_T_1_DirtyAreas]".
This workflow used to work fine with the version 10. I just tried it again using 10.0 SP2, and it worked.
SDE: version 10 running on SQL Server.
Any help would be very appreciated.
Masao Matsuoka
0 Kudos
AlanKilgore
New Contributor

I recently read this post because I was having the same problem, and searching on the error message brought me here.  One thing I noticed in my case was that I inadvertently was editing a check-out replica file geodatabase after I had synchronized changes.  To test my hypothesis, I created a new check-out replica and editing seemed to be ok.  Parent database: ArcSDE 10 sqlserver 12.  Client: ArcGIS 10.3. 

0 Kudos