Unable to custom name multi-version view in ArcSDE Service 10.2.1

Jump to solution
05-27-2014 03:53 PM
MatthewTownsend
New Contributor II
The following command works when run with a 10.0 database and 10.0 ARCSDE service

sdetable -o create_mv_view -T TRANSFORMER_BANK_SYMBOL_VIEW -t TRANSFORMERBANKSYMBOL -u sdeadmin -i esri_sdetrn -p notThePassword -N

It creates a multi-version view named TRANSFORMER_BANK_SYMBOL_VIEW on the TRANSFORMERBANKSYMBOL versioned feature.

However when I run the same thing after upgrading the database and the ArcSDE service to 10.2.1, I get a multi-version view named TRANSFORMERBANKSYMBOL_EVW (the default for 10.2.1).

I tried using arcpy.CreateVersionedView_management to see if that would work any better.
The following command created the default view name instead of the name I specified.
arcpy.CreateVersionedView_management(Feature, "TRANSFORMER_BANK_SYMBOL_VIEW")

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewTownsend
New Contributor II
I voted for the idea you posted above...

We eventually opened up an incident with ESRI.  They told us that the ability to custom name the views is no longer available.  They told us that we could point a 10.0 SP4 SDE Application Service (what we were running before) at the 10.2.1 database and use it to rename.  I haven't tried it yet.  Eventually we will just have to use their standard naming so we are working toward that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaView?id=087E00000004SL1IAM

[#NIM095592  Allow the ability to rename a versioned view in a geodatabase ]

I was able to rename the Versioned views using the SDE 10.1 command line tools (sdetable -o rename). You can try that as a workaround.
EmadAl-Mousa
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks "asrujit"

http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaView?id=087E00000004SL1IAM

this is my idea, alot of people are facing problems after ESRI changed the way how multi-version (versioned views) creation process. I personally facing challegnes since many of our applications are using it in "production-environment".

Regards,
0 Kudos
MatthewTownsend
New Contributor II
I voted for the idea you posted above...

We eventually opened up an incident with ESRI.  They told us that the ability to custom name the views is no longer available.  They told us that we could point a 10.0 SP4 SDE Application Service (what we were running before) at the 10.2.1 database and use it to rename.  I haven't tried it yet.  Eventually we will just have to use their standard naming so we are working toward that.
0 Kudos