Unable to create logfile system tables. User perhaps lacks permissions or resources

06-03-2011 06:20 AM
DahaeHwang
New Contributor II
I've created a topology in a dataset and when valiadating the topology it gives me an error: Validate Topology failed. A Failure was detected inside the topology engine. [error id: -2147155680]
Unable to create logfile system tables. User perhaps lacks permissions or resources to create tables.
The topology rule applied was exported from an existing one in the other database(SDE9.3.1) and was working without any problem. Also I could create topologies into the other datasets but it won't be created into this particular dataset. The largest feature class participated in this topology contains 416508 records.
Log file option is configured to use shared log files;
MaxStandaloneLogs=0 / AllowSessionLogFile=False/ LogFilePoolSize=0.
I tried several different ways..nonpooled session-based log files or LogFilePoolSize =10..but nothing worked.
I am using ArcSDE 10 (w SP1, Oracle 10.2.0.3).

Any ideas or suggestions..?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ForrestJones
Esri Contributor
Hi dahae,

Does the user you are connected with have permissions to create tables? If it does, it sounds like the logfile tables do not exist yet before you run the validate. If you make a selection of more than 100 features outside of an edit session the logfile tables will get created and then your topology validate should work.
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
The 'sdeping' utility in se_toolkit has an option to create logfiles ('sdeping -L'), if you want
to try creating ArcSDE logfiles in isolation from ArcGIS.

- V
0 Kudos
DahaeHwang
New Contributor II
FJ, the user has the privilege to create table.

Vince, I downloaded the toolkit version 10 (final) but by running the sdeping -L command I got the bad login error:
sdeping -L -i oraclegx_sde -u tester -p tester@oraclegx
ArcSDE 10.0 Connection Test Utility
Error: Bad login user (-9)

I've installed ArcSDE remotely from DBMS server and I could access the geodb via Direct Connect only. I am running the SDE service on the remote server and able to even run 'sdemon' but can't create 3-tier connection by some reasons.
I know this was not my original question on this post, but could you please advise me on how to use 'SDEPING -L' command in my case? Or is there any other approach to achive this?
Thank you for your help/reply,
Dahae
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
You need to use the appropriate syntax for direct connect ("-i sde:Oracle10g").

It sounds like you really need to contact Tech Support to work out the multiple issues
with your connect environment.

- V
0 Kudos
DahaeHwang
New Contributor II
Thanks for correcting that. With SDE_Logfiles and Sde_Logfile_Data tables, validating process worked. For db connection issues, this is a testing environment and we used to have some dll conflicts by different bits libraries so I will just use direct connect only.
Thank you,
Dahae
0 Kudos