The name of the attribute table doesn�??t included the version and its owner,

12-29-2012 07:39 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
The name of the attribute table doesn�??t included the version and its owner,

I�??m wondering why the version and its owner are not shown along with the name of the attribute table. In this case, what is the best practice to distinguish between them?

Please, have a look on the screenshot below which shows this sort of confusion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20321[/ATTACH]

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
I�??m wondering why the version and its owner are not shown along with the name of the attribute table. In this case, what is the best practice to distinguish between them?

The name of the table is directly derived from the layer name, so if you change the layer name manually to something appropriate upon adding it to the ArcMap TOC (Table Of Contents), you should see different names for tables.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
The name of the table is directly derived from the layer name, so if you change the layer name manually to something appropriate upon adding it to the ArcMap TOC (Table Of Contents), you should see different names for tables.

Many thanks Macro,

I thought that there might be an indicator to show the name of the version and/or user in the table (to know where we are!)

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
Many thanks Macro,

I thought that there might be an indicator to show the name of the version and/or user in the table (to know where we are!)

Best

Jamal

Agree, it can be convenient in some cases, although I remember seeing some discussion about IT security / privacy related issues with such an exposure of database user names from within the ArcGIS interface. After all, they are part of the database login.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Agree, it can be convenient in some cases, although I remember seeing some discussion about IT security / privacy related issues with such an exposure of database user names from within the ArcGIS interface. After all, they are part of the database login.

Many thanks Marco for the elaboration

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos