SynchronizeChanges Tool Error 582 when using FROM_GEODATABASE1_TO_2

01-10-2013 09:43 AM
IvanBrown
New Contributor III
I am using ArcGIS 10.

I discovered that the arcpy.SynchronizeChanges_management tool returned an error 582 when synchronizing a one-way replica and using the parent geodatabase in the first parameter instead of using the child geodatabase:

[INDENT]arcpy.SynchronizeChanges_management(parent_gdb, the_replica, child_gdb, "FROM_GEODATABASE1_TO_2", "IN_FAVOR_OF_GDB1", "BY_OBJECT", "")[/INDENT]

Then, when I used the child geodatabase in the first parameter (switched the order), it worked:

[INDENT]arcpy.SynchronizeChanges_management(child_gdb, the_replica, parent_gdb, "FROM_GEODATABASE2_TO_1", "IN_FAVOR_OF_GDB2", "BY_OBJECT", "")[/INDENT]
7 Replies
BenLin
by
New Contributor III
Hi Ivan,

Basically your two scripts should be doing the same thing and returning the same result.

Please test if you could use full paths for both your parent and child geodatabases, then try synch again.

You may post your failure Python script here if you are still encountering the same 000582 error.

Thanks,
Ben L.
0 Kudos
CarolynOwnby
New Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this!  I have been pulling my hair out on this an other obscure replication issues for days. Full paths have no effect here.

0 Kudos
AdamCrateau1
Occasional Contributor

I found the same error in our case.  Same situation; SDE to FGDB, one-way replica.

The tool ran fine from Catalog, but gave me the 582 error when run from a script.  I tried reversing the GDBs and it worked fine.  For what it's worth, we are at arcsde 10.2.2, on an enterprise SQL 2012. 

TuridBrox
Occasional Contributor

This seems to have solved the same error for us. We synchronize one-way from an SDE to GDB.

Like Adam, I could also run the tools from  ArcMap without error, but got 000582-errors in my log when running the script as a Scheduled task.

Does anyone have any idea why this error occurs?

0 Kudos
NanaDei
Esri Contributor

I tested the behavior using the python script sample from the following link and the synchronize changes operation completed successfully. Can you review your script in relation to the sample provided?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ChristalHigdon
New Contributor III

I am finding the same thing (ArcGIS 10.2.2, standard Python 2.7 install, Windows 7 64-bit computer but 32 bit Python interpreter). I have wasted days trying to figure out vague ERROR 000582 in both SynchronizeChanges and CreateReplica.

If I use the following line, in the interactive PythonWin window or in the ArcMap Python window, I get the error that follows:

arcpy.SynchronizeChanges_management(parentGDS, replicaName, outGDB, "FROM_GEODATABASE1_TO_2")

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<interactive input>", line 1, in <module>

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 1286, in SynchronizeChanges

raise e

ExecuteError: ERROR 000582: Error occurred during execution.

If I change the order and use:

arcpy.SynchronizeChanges_management(outGDB, replicaName, parentGDS, "FROM_GEODATABASE2_TO_1")

....it works successfully.  It seems like a bug since the one way replica is from parent to child, but as long as I figured out the correct syntax, I can work around this issue.

0 Kudos
KipoKipo
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for posting this! There is nowhere else to find out this hidden issue.

0 Kudos