Select to view content in your preferred language

Store relative path names + rebuild: FID

03-07-2011 02:05 AM
ThibautDelaere1
Regular Contributor
Does the option 'Store relative path names' work in ArcGIS 10?

I keep seeing the original location path when the option box is checked. Also when the workspace is moved (including the reference data), I can't rebuild the locator. I got the message that the locator is broken, and I have to fix it manually.

Another problem occurs when I wan't to rebuild an address locator and I had to update the path to the reference data. I can't refer the FID field to the object Id field of the data. It doesn't appear in the dropdown list. So I can't rebuild the locator.

Anyone who can help me out?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
ChinmayaLewis
Emerging Contributor
I recently discovered this issue and subsequently this thread.  I am downloading copies of a fgdb with locators to muliple machines and portable hard drives.  Having a locator that uses the local "relative path" is important! I look forward to a fix for this issue.

Regards,

Chin
0 Kudos
deleted-user-h2MwrUDd3vgt
Deactivated User
After migrating to 10.1 we moved our geolocators (set to store relative paths) to a new server, but still see the old path listed for the Primary Table. Is this still an issue, or did we miss something in the transfer?
0 Kudos
DanMcCoy
Frequent Contributor
Is NIM078367 the bug# for this?
http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDc4MzY3

I'm running 10 sp5 and still having trouble with relative paths in the locators.... though I believe the locators that I'm using are from 9.x...

Dan

P.S.  Also, the paths I'm having issues with are paths the the .sde connection files for locators stored in ArcSDE 9.2...
0 Kudos
SteveParker
Deactivated User
I have service pack 5 and am still encountering this bug.  Is it still a problem if a map was made in 10SP3 but opened and saved by someone with 10SP5?  It doesn't work when we do this.  Is there a way to insure an MXD is saved in SP5 format, or is it not an MXD problem, but a problem with the ArcGIS itself?
0 Kudos
DavidSherrill
Deactivated User
We are still seeing the problem when moving locators to a geodatabase using ArcGIS 10.1 with SP1 and all hotfixes with PostgreSQL 9.05.
0 Kudos