Stop Symbols from Ratating with Map

02-27-2012 07:34 AM
KevinDoyle
New Contributor II
Hey, so I am rotating my map at a five degree angle so I can fit certain features in and the symbols rotate too.

How do I prevent/remedy this?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TheodorePeters
New Contributor III
In the label manager, placement properties, specify angles box I would format the labels at -5 degrees.

Theodore
0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor
You can rotate feature symbols in the symbol properties, if that's what you're asking.
0 Kudos
TheodorePeters
New Contributor III
I realized I had steered you wrong with my advise. Instead go to Advanced Arcmap Settings ( usually C: Program files\ArcGis\Desktop 10.0\Utilities) and click the Symbols  Graphics tab. There you'll find the button to rotate labels with Data Frame.
Good Luck.

Theodore
0 Kudos
JonMorris
Occasional Contributor II
You can also set symbol rotation from the Symbology tab of the layer properties.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12390[/ATTACH]

Choose <expression> from the pulldown menu, click the calculator button, and enter a fixed value in the Expression text box. Or you can choose an attribute, or even a random angle to make things more interesting!
0 Kudos
deleted-user-st4HsVxccxgs
New Contributor III
If you are having trouble with text labels rotating sideways when you rotate your data frame, you can also adjust it on the Label toolbar, under "Options". Then check/uncheck "Data Frame Rotation".
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Jeremy:

This is exactly what I was trying to find.  That option is buried deep.

Thank you.

0 Kudos