Space time cube with irregular time intervals

05-11-2021 09:48 AM
Labels (3)
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Dear Community,

i want to create a space time cube. I have followed the steps in the ArcGIS blog from Lynne Buie...

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/analytics/explore-your-raster-data-with-space-t...

it is not working and i really don`t know why, because the date format should be correct.

I uploaded a picture with the issue und date format.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Create Space Time Cube By Aggregating Points (Space Time Pattern Mining)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

The Time Step Interval defines how you want to partition your aggregated points across time. You might decide to aggregate points using one-day, one-week, or one-year intervals for example. 

Time-step intervals are always fixed durations, and the tool requires a minimum of 10 time steps.

You will have to aggregate your data or process it to comply with the above

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Hey Dan,

ok I understand what your are saying. But its a multidimensional Raster. It is a little bit different.

Kind regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ahhhh... missed that

How Create Space Time Cube works—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Most information in this topic does not apply to this tool because the structure of the space-time cube is defined by the structure of the multidimensional raster and cannot be changed.

You say "not working" .... which means you are either getting errors, or results that you don't want or dont' make sense.   Errors can be addressed. 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
LynneBuie
Esri Contributor

Hi @A_n_d_r_e_a ,

The date format does look correct, however the error is saying the data has irregular intervals. Since the space time cube that you are trying to create is a data structure that is used for statistical analysis, it requires regular time intervals, as these are an assumption of the statistical techniques. If you right click the mosaic you used to make the multidimensional raster, then open the properties, you can check the interval in this section:

LynneBuie_0-1621374056857.png

If it says (Irregular) instead of (Regular), then the multidimensional raster you create won't be able to be used to create a space time cube.

Lynne

0 Kudos
A_n_d_r_e_a
New Contributor III

Hi Lynne,

thanks for your response.

I just solved the problem with NCO and CDO for climate data manipulation. The space time cube doesn't like it if there is another level dimension for example in my case at a surface level.

Many thanks for your effort!

Kind regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos