Sort non-geocoded list by frequency of occurence

06-02-2011 02:56 PM
MatthewOelschlegal
New Contributor III
Is it possible to sort my unmatched addresses, in both the attribute table and interactive rematch box, by the frequency of occurence in a field or fields?  For example if I have 50000 unmatched addresses, it would be helpful to begin with the street that has the most unmatched addresses.  So far I've only been able to find alpha and numeric sorting based on table fields.

My second question is how can I save the layout of fields in the interactive rematch box so I don't have to reorganize it every time I close and open it?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
How about a summary table approach?  Select all your unmatched addresses and summarize on what ever attribute you need to; that will give you a count / frequency.  Depending on how your address data is set up, you may have to parse out various address components; for example, if your address is all in one field like 1234 S Main St, you might want to get the street into it's own field with a split function (oops, there I go again with old fashioned vba).

Hope this helps-
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MatthewOelschlegal
New Contributor III
Thanks, I ended up using Summary Statistics in the toolbox.  My data was already parsed so it was very easy.  I would have preferred to sort within my existing table rather than create a new one but this will still help.  Any ideas regarding maintaining preferences within the interactive rematch box?
0 Kudos