Single House Subaddress - Not Recognizing "Hwy" as "Highway"

01-14-2015 03:38 PM
KevinHighland
Occasional Contributor II

I've been playing around with the 'US Address - Single House Subaddress' locator style in 10.3. I love it, but I'm running into an issue with "Hwy" vs "Highway". However, the 'US Address - Single House' style doesn't have a problem with this.

My issue is that when I search for an address like "256 N Coast Hwy 101", the subaddress locator is not returning any results. The address layer has "Coast Highway 101" as the road name. If I search for "256 N Coast Highway 101", I get the proper results. It's breaking out "Coast Highway 101" correctly as the 'StreetName'.

I noticed that the Single House locator will also return the correct results for "256 N Coast Hwy 101", but it breaks down "Coast Highway" as 'PreType' and "101" as 'StreetName'.

I've opened up the xml files for each locator and they appear to have the same parameters. How can I get the Subaddress locator to treat "Coast Hwy 101" the way the Single House locator does? It would be great if I didn't have to use an alias table.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Kevin

5 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Kevin:

In the following statement, " If I search for "256 N Coast Highway 101", I get the proper results. It's breaking out "Coast Highway 101" correctly as the 'StreetName'." do you mean that this is the result when using the SingleHouse locator or with the Subaddress locator? Do you have a screen shot of where you are seeing the standardization when using both locators?

-Shana

KevinHighland

I just recreated the locator and now it works fine. I must have been using the wrong version of the subaddress locator. The old one still doesn't work, but this new one is perfect.

Thanks!

Kevin

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Kevin:

Which style did you use to build the locator that you are now having success with? US Address – Single House or US Address – Single House SubAddress?

-Shana

0 Kudos
KevinHighland

The one that now works is US Address - Single House Subaddress and the one from the original post is US Address - Single House with Units.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Kevin:

Glad to hear everything is working as expected with the out of the box Single House Subaddress style that is new with ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3.

-Shana

0 Kudos