se_toolkit binary sdeping not compatible with arcgis10 sp3

10-27-2011 05:20 AM
RobertBinckes
New Contributor II
Using the sdeping command as well as others and getting the following error.

Error executing command: [sdeping  -i sde:sqlserver:p-srv-5,1433 -u fireintell -p kljk -D FireIntell]

Stderr results: [['\r\n', 'ArcSDE 10.0 Connection Test Utility Wed Oct 26 14:22:59 2011\r\n', '
------------------------------------------------------------------------\r\n',
"Error: ArcSde Direct Connect driver release isn't compatible with
ArcSde database instance release (-450)\r\n", '\r\n']]

I have installed SDE10 on both my SQL Server and ArcGis server and applied SP3.  I am using se-toolkit binaries for arcgis10 sp2.  sp3 not available, yet.

Does anyone else have this problem?
vangelo, are you planning to release a sp3 version of the toolkit?

Thanks,
-b
0 Kudos
4 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
There didn't seem to be any significant changes to the ArcSDE libraries between SP2 and SP3.
Since 'se_toolkit' apps use the dynamic libraries, I would think that using an SP3-patched SDEHOME
would still allow you to Direct Connect, even if the original SDK was SP2.  Are you using an SP3
SDEHOME?

I've downloaded the SDK SP3s, but don't have the 8-10 hours it would take to apply them to all
the platforms and rebuild 'se_toolkit' across them.  I might be able to rebuild the current build's
source tree for just Windows builds in much less than that, but making that time might be a
challenge too.

- V
0 Kudos
RobertBinckes
New Contributor II
Thanks for the reply.  The problem was resolved when I downloaded the 64bit se_toolkit sp2.  I was porting some scripts to a pure 64bit build...  I thought 32 binaries would be ok, however maybe it is more important to match the toolkit with the ArcSDE build.

-b
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
In my experience, searching through PATH on Windows for a DLL returns "not found" if the
library found doesn't match in application wordsize (and it stops looking), so if it were a
32/64-bit issue, you would have received a different message.  Fortunately, even the
misleading message you did receive steered you to the right app/DLL combination.

- V
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
I was able to rebuild the setk9.3b41 source tree on my Windows build host for just the 32-bit
and 64-bit Windows 10.0sp3 ArcSDE releases. I'm not likely to make Solaris/HP/IBM snapshots
on 10.0sp3 until the setk10.1b10 release, but I'll try to knock out the Linux builds soon.

- V
0 Kudos