Registering "st_shapelib.dll" and "libst_raster_ora.dll" on Oracle RAC on Solaris

08-21-2011 09:57 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: tariqchpk75

1. SDE is being installed in service mode on a machine with windows 2008 x64 OS
2. Oracle RAC is installed on M3000 (SPARC) machines with Solaris OS
3. If DB is also on windows OS then its fine we can register "st_shapelib.dll" and "libst_raster_ora.dll" library files, but since it on Solaris so finding no way. Can any one guide me in this?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: fojo

Hi Tariq,

You'll need the solaris version of the libraries if your oracle install is on solaris. You should be able to just run the ArcSDE solaris install from the DVD and then copy those libraries to where ever you want to have them and then continue your setup. By the way if you are not planning to run sql that needs the extproc, then these libraries are not even needed.
0 Kudos
LucasCulbertson
New Contributor
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having a similar problem.  We want to run the SDE service from a windows server and hook it up to an oracle instance running on a Linux distribution.  My group does not have admin rights to the linux box running oracle to "temporarily" install ArcSDE just to grab these two files (libst_shapelib.so and libst_raster_ora.so).  Are any ESRI people aware of a repository where I could grab these two files so I can continue with my install of SDE??
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: vangelo

Contracts would have to do a DMCA takedown on any site that did share these
files in violation of the license agreement.

You don't need admin rights to install ArcSDE -- any login with write privileges
anywhere is enough.  It's actually best to do a full install (without postinstall)
on each node, so that applying service packs is as simple as possible, but Linux
is the easiest Unix platform to locate (you don't even need to install it, just
use the boot image with a thumb drive on any PC to extract the files).

- V
0 Kudos
BradSegrest
New Contributor III
ESRI could make life much easier if it just included these two files in a folder on the Windows ArcSDE Install ISO.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: union77

ESRI could make life much easier if it just included these two files in a folder on the Windows ArcSDE Install ISO.

ESRI could make life much easier if it did a lot of things...:rolleyes:
0 Kudos
ForrestJones
Esri Contributor
At 10.1 and 10.2 the st_shapelib.dll and libst_shapelib.so files are available in the ArcGIS Desktop install under the "<ArcGIS Install Location>\Desktop10.x\DatabaseSupport\Oracle" folder...
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: vangelo

Given that geodatabase installation must now occur from a Desktop or Server install,
these files are now distributed as part of the Desktop and Server installations, in the
DatabaseSupport folder, so there isn't any need to burden the Windows ArcSDE media
with other architecures' DLLs.

- V
0 Kudos