Registered as versioned and unregistered as versioned all options are disable

Jump to solution
04-18-2013 11:37 AM
ForamParikh
Occasional Contributor
Hello All,

We recently bought Arcgis 10.1 server and my application used database with 10.so I want to create feature service but while creating it it gives me error that it is not registered as versioned So,I tried to register it as versioned but in arccatalog when i right click on that dataset > manage > all options are disabled.

I tried database right click and upgrade geodatabase but no luck.

Anybody know why all options are disabled?I need to do some extra work while upgrading database from 10 to 10.1?I can create all
map service but I am not able to create feature service.

Please help,

Thanks
Foram
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Foram,

What user are you connected to the GICDATA geodatabase as?  If you are connected as the 'sa' user you will not be able to register a feature class as versioned if it is not owned by DBO (even though the 'sa' user has sysdamin privileges).  Connect as the SDE user and see if you are able to register the feature class/dataset as versioned.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JakeSkinner
Hi Foram,

Are you connected as the data owner when you are trying to register the feature classes as versioned?
0 Kudos
ForamParikh
Occasional Contributor
AMJSkinn3,

Thanks for your reply, yes I connect as data owner I connect as sa user which has all rights, all permission.

I created another database with sa user and it is working fine. this database was created in 10.0 and new data base I created in 10.1.

So,Is there any lock or permission issue?

Foram
0 Kudos
ReubenNwokeforo
New Contributor
I had this problem once. I exported from a file GDB to SDE and wasn't able to register the feature class. But when I started the process from the SDE database using the import feature class, it worked fine. Something to try if it will help.

Thanks,
Reuben
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
AMJSkinn3,

Thanks for your reply, yes I connect as data owner I connect as sa user which has all rights, all permission.

I created another database with sa user and it is working fine. this database was created in 10.0 and new data base I created in 10.1.

So,Is there any lock or permission issue?

Foram

Can you post a screen shot of your connection properties (right-click on database > connection properties) and a screen shot of the feature class/dataset you are trying to register as versioned?
0 Kudos
ForamParikh
Occasional Contributor
JSkinn3,

I attached both images.one database is migrated one from 10 to 10.1 and another one is I created in 10.1 which is working good.I have all mxd files but not able to create feature services and I don't want to change database or anything because I have mxd files so if I change database then may be I will have to create all mxd files.

I believe it must be related something with schema.because all tables has sde schema but the new one is having all dbo schema.

Please help .
0 Kudos
ReubenNwokeforo
New Contributor
JSkinn3,

Export this feature class to a file GDB and import it back (as another version just for trial) to the SDE database starting the process from the SDE database. The the owner becomes SDE. What do you have to loose to give it a try.
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
What license level of ArcGIS are you using?

- V
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Hi Foram,

What user are you connected to the GICDATA geodatabase as?  If you are connected as the 'sa' user you will not be able to register a feature class as versioned if it is not owned by DBO (even though the 'sa' user has sysdamin privileges).  Connect as the SDE user and see if you are able to register the feature class/dataset as versioned.
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Foram,

As Jake suggested, try connecting as the SDE user and then Register as Versioned, because the data is owned by SDE and not a dbo user.

You can only perform certain operations as a Data Owner (in this case 'SDE'), even though the 'sa' or other 'dbo' users have all the rights.

Regards,
0 Kudos