Reconcile Error: The geometry corresonding to an edge element may not be zero length

01-15-2019 08:26 AM
HannesZiegler2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I have a versioned SDE of a stormwater network broken down into multiple versions by a grid. When attempting to reconcile from one of the child versions to the parent version, I keep receiving the following error:

I have checked the feature that is being called out for zero geometry but did not find it to have zero geometry. The only thing that has worked has been to delete the affected items entirely from both parent and child and then reconcile, but this causes a host of new issues for managing the created gaps. Has anyone dealt with this error before, and were you able to resolve it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor
HannesZiegler2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Asrujit, I have read through that documentation, but could not link the error to any of the items listed there. At this point, I'm still not sure what is causing the error.

I have noticed that if I delete the error feature(s) in the PARENT version, reconciling will work once all features have been deleted. However, since only one OID is provided per error message, I have to reconcile CHILD, switch to PARENT, delete feature in PARENT, switch back to CHILD, and try again (start same procedure if another error). This is very frustrating.. so I'm still looking into what is causing the error in the first place.

My working theory is that somehow (due to geometric network topology rules) a zero length geometry is created during reconcile and the error is thrown. I don't have enough information to confirm this though.

Thank you!

0 Kudos