Rebuilding Locator in ArcGIS 10.1

09-17-2012 08:38 AM
CraigPrisland
New Contributor
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else was running into this same issue when rebuilding an address locator in ArcGIS 10.1:  I am able to create address locators in ArcGIS 10.1, but when I try to rebuild them with the Store Relative path names set to true, I get the attached errors.  They do rebuild fine if this option is set to false..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
deleted-user-h2MwrUDd3vgt
New Contributor III
I just had this same problem and the locators that I'm using were built using 10.1.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: wandamd22

Ditto...any luck finding an answer?
0 Kudos
ThomasFurcron
Occasional Contributor
I am having the same issues, though I am not sure it is directly related to the Store Relative Path Names being set to True as I got the message after reading these post and changing that back to False and still got the same messages.  Any ideas as for a work around.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: brad5993

There was a bug in 10.1 with rebuilding locators (specifically when you need to browse to the reference data when rebuilding).  What may happen is the rebuild would fail (deleting the .lox file from disk) and the locator would be left in an unusable state.  From this point, you would need to build the locator from scratch again.  This bug has been fixed at 10.1 SP1.

Brad
0 Kudos
ThomasFurcron
Occasional Contributor
I can't speak for the others, but I am using SP1 and still having issues. 
I also played with it some more and it seems like once you change that Relitive path names to True, even if you change it back to false before rebuilding it, it will still fail and give those errors.  So it seems like it is still in that unstable state once you make changes to the properties of the address locator. 
Do you know of any other bugs related to Address Locators at 10.1 that are still being looked at that might affect this type of issue?

Tom
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: paul.giroux

Yes, I agree with Thomas.  I too am running 10.1 SP1 and this is definitely NOT fixed.  Will this be corrected in 10.1 SP2 (10.2) ?
0 Kudos
DanielThomas1
New Contributor III
I agree that this error still persists at the SP 1 patch level.  I have found that if you have not rebuilt the locator with the setting at "relative path is true", the locator is still viable.  Reset "relative path" back to false so the locator can be rebuilt without error.
0 Kudos