Raster (GRID) Dataset symbology will not display if zoomed out beyond 225,637

10-09-2013 09:23 AM
KellySlattery
New Contributor II
I have a set of Raster (GRID) datasets all with the same properties.  One of them will not display the correct symbology in ArcMap if zoomed out beyond 1:225,637.  I do not have a Scale Range set for this raster so it should display at all scales.  When set to the Stretched Black and White symbology, and zoomed to the  full extent of the dataset, it appears as a black box [ATTACH=CONFIG]28191[/ATTACH].  If I zoom in to 225,637 or less the raster displays normally [ATTACH=CONFIG]28192[/ATTACH].  If I zoom out at all beyond this extent it appears all black.  Anyone have any ideas about how I can get it to display the correct symbology at all scales?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jimcousins

It is possible that the pyramids did not get properly constructed. Try either Data Management Tools >> Raster >> Raster Properties >>Build Pyramids, or go to the folder containing the data and delete the files with the same name with the extensions .aux, .xml
Regards,
Jim
0 Kudos
KellySlattery
New Contributor II
Thank you Jim!  This worked great!  I ran the build pyramids tool and now my raster is showing up at all scales.  Thanks again!
0 Kudos