"Import XML data failed. The operation was attempted on an empty geometry"

Jump to solution
04-12-2017 09:09 AM
CassandraGascon
New Contributor

I get an error message "Import XML data failed. The operation was attempted on an empty geometry" each time I try to use x-ray to import data from an XML doc to my geodatabase. I searched the error on ESRI and found this: Error: Import XML data failed. The operation was attempted on an empty geometry, where it says the only workaround is to upgrade my basic license to a standard or advanced license... that's not really an option for me though. Anyone have an idea for another workaround?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I use an standard license and don't use x ray;  try just importing an xml document.  Right click on your gdb and mouse over import:  Select XML WorkSpace Dcoument at the bottom of the context menu.

edited moments later;  I just downloaded and installed xray- it works for me just fine!

That should just about do it....

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I use an standard license and don't use x ray;  try just importing an xml document.  Right click on your gdb and mouse over import:  Select XML WorkSpace Dcoument at the bottom of the context menu.

edited moments later;  I just downloaded and installed xray- it works for me just fine!

That should just about do it....
CassandraGascon
New Contributor

Wow. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos