Question about snapping tool capabilities while editing in ArcMap 10.3

Jump to solution
01-06-2016 08:49 AM
BrandiLindquist
New Contributor

Hello, I am currently working with editing public utility features such as water lines, sewer lines, manholes etc. I was wondering if there was a way to condition snapped features to remain snapped while the feature they are snapped to is moved. For example, I have manholes with two separate sewer lines snapped to it. If I were to move the manhole, is there a way that the sewer lines will stay snapped so I don't need to individually resnap the sewer lines to the manhole. This happens very often for me at work and it seems like I spend hours upon hours moving points and then resnapping features to the points when the features should have followed the movement in the first place.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

In a geometric network when you move a point or vertex all that is attached move with it. Making re-snapping unnecessary.

In the below example i move a single vertex at a hydrant lateral and the attached water line moves with it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III
0 Kudos
BrandiLindquist
New Contributor

I do have an Advanced license but still doesn't help. I know all of the flow directions and everything. It's just a matter of all of the re-snapping that seems unnecessary. 

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

In a geometric network when you move a point or vertex all that is attached move with it. Making re-snapping unnecessary.

In the below example i move a single vertex at a hydrant lateral and the attached water line moves with it.

0 Kudos
BrandiLindquist
New Contributor

Thanks for your help! We have a lot of cleaning up to do with our data and then we can give that a whirl.

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III