Planarize Lines tool not active

06-26-2013 08:20 AM
ANNOPVATCHAROPASS
Occasional Contributor
Not sure why my Planarize Lines tool not active after I selected two intersecting lines.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor
Are there any other features from other layers also currently selected?
0 Kudos
ANNOPVATCHAROPASS
Occasional Contributor
Actually I had the Planarize Lines tool docked to the Editor tool bar, and it didn't work. So I removed it and docked it to the COGO tool bar and it still didn't work. What I should have done was to bring in the Advanced Editing tool bar (with the Planarize Lines tool). It works fine from the Advanced Editing tool bar. I guess if I docked the Planarize Lines tool to a different tool bar, it didn't work.
0 Kudos
ANNOPVATCHAROPASS
Occasional Contributor
I took the Planarize Lines tool from the Advanced Editing tool bar and docked it to other tool bar, it works fine. However, if I take the tool from Customize and dock it to any tool bar, the Planarize Lines does not work. A bug?
0 Kudos
ANNOPVATCHAROPASS
Occasional Contributor
I think I know what happened. I mistakenly bringing in the Planarize tool not the Planarized Lines tool. User error on this one.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Actually I had the Planarize Lines tool docked to the Editor tool bar, and it didn't work. So I removed it and docked it to the COGO tool bar and it still didn't work. What I should have done was to bring in the Advanced Editing tool bar (with the Planarize Lines tool). It works fine from the Advanced Editing tool bar. I guess if I docked the Planarize Lines tool to a different tool bar, it didn't work.

I wouldn't think the where the tool is docked would have anything to do with if/how if functions. Would it?
0 Kudos
ANNOPVATCHAROPASS
Occasional Contributor
I wouldn't think the where the tool is docked would have anything to do with if/how if functions. Would it?

No, I just brought in the wrong Planarize tool. I wanted to use Planarize Lines tool, not the Planarize tool (for parcel fabrics?). My mistake on this one.
0 Kudos