Personal or File Geodatabase connection in AutoCAD

11-23-2011 02:53 AM
MatthewBoyle
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone know which provider I would need to download and install to connect to a personal or file geodatabase in AutoCAD Map 3D/Civil 3D 2012?

Also, could you provide a website or link to where it can be downloaded and a few quick steps for updating/configuring the AutoCAD providers list?

Thanks in advance!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TrishRice
Occasional Contributor III
Is the FDO connection "Add ArcGIS Connection" not working?  I haven't tried it but there's a tab for File & Personal databases.
0 Kudos
MatthewBoyle
Occasional Contributor
I do not have the FDO 'Add ArcGIS Connection' in Map 3D 2012.  I have attached a screenshot of the providers I have.

Was the 'Add ArcGIS Connection' a standard provider or did you download a provider?
0 Kudos
AnantThunuguntla
New Contributor III
I do not have the FDO 'Add ArcGIS Connection' in Map 3D 2012.  I have attached a screenshot of the providers I have.

Was the 'Add ArcGIS Connection' a standard provider or did you download a provider?

Hi Matthew,

Are you running Map3D 2012 on a 64 bit os? FDO ArcGIS Provider is not supported on 64 bit operating systems.
0 Kudos
MatthewBoyle
Occasional Contributor
I am running Map3D 2012 on a 64bit machine.  I believe all of the machines in our office that have Map3D 2012 are 64bit.

Can I connect to a file or personal geodatabase with a 64bit machine?
0 Kudos
AnantThunuguntla
New Contributor III
I am running Map3D 2012 on a 64bit machine.  I believe all of the machines in our office that have Map3D 2012 are 64bit.

Can I connect to a file or personal geodatabase with a 64bit machine?

You will have to contact Autodesk support for this issue. If you read Map 3D Help, they mention that FDO ArcGIS Provider is not supported on 64 bit operating systems.
0 Kudos