Parts of raster disappear

Jump to solution
05-12-2015 06:46 AM
WilliamIsaacs
New Contributor III

Howdy,

Set up:

I have created a raster mosaic in ArcGIS 10.2.2 of georeferenced  .tif aerial photographs. size is about 9.5 Gigs uncompressed, and the tif's are 1 band,16 bit that I converted from MrSIDs in ArcMap. I have defined and built overviews, created pyramids and stats, seamlines and blended along the seamline for mosaic method. This is everything that I normally do to make a Raster Mosaic in a fgdb and never had this issue before.

so here is my question:

When I'm at full extent the image is fine, as I zoom in parts of the raster disappear(not checkerboard-ing just white background) and as I move the image different parts with appear or disappear. The pattern changes depending on which mosaicking method I select. I have found a work around but I would rather not lose any data by exporting the mosaic as new raster. Any suggestions or possible solutions?

Thanks

Will

0 Kudos
22 Replies
WilliamIsaacs
New Contributor III

Done, Thanks for the heads up on that.

TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Here is the original blog post with comments that started this discussion. For others who may have mosaic dataset display issues you may find one of the other suggestions helpful.

Imagery Not Displaying in Your Mosaic Dataset? | Support Services Blog

0 Kudos
WilliamIsaacs
New Contributor III

Thanks, Timothy Hales​ here is his answer

It sounds like you have more raster datasets trying to be displayed than are allowed based upon your mosaic dataset properties. Usually the default is set to 20.

Mosaic dataset properties
resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//009t00000038000000

Maximum Number Of Rasters Per Mosaic—Prevents the server from mosaicking an unreasonably large number of rasters if, for example, the client zooms in to an overview scale in an nonoptimized image service dataset that has no overview tiles generated. The default is 20.

If that does not answer your question, feel free to ask on GeoNet in the Managing Data space – https://community.esri.com/community/gis/managing-data

- See more at: http://blogs.esri.com/esri/supportcenter/2011/10/07/imagery-not-displaying-in-your-mosaic-dataset/#s...

My two cents -  make sure you actually Right-Click the raster mosaic and verify the number is actually what you need it to be, because the tool may not adjust it properly. 

0 Kudos