Parcel Editor: No snap is available while updating fabric polygon based on regular feature(s) underneath,

11-06-2015 11:31 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Parcel Editor: No snap is available while updating fabric polygon based on regular feature(s) underneath,

I couldn’t figure out how to update fabric polygon feature based on a regular feature(s) underneath given that snapping doesn’t detect regular features nor the “split features” work.

For example, in the screenshot below, parcel number 58 is required to be updated based on the “green” feature class. What might be the best practice to accomplish this given that:

1. Snaps don’t detect the regular features
  2. “Split Polygons” tool fails to divide parcel number 58 based on the selected polygon features (this works very well if parcel 58 is not fabric feature)

Clip_101.jpg

Clip_102.jpg

Clip_103.jpg

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The Fabric Editor has no capabilities to work with CAD objects (Snap\Split Polygons) the same way these capabilities are available in standard editor.

All what I’m receiving is very generic answers with no substantial key how to modify the fabric layer based on a given CAD layer.

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I must be missing something since they have lots of references to cad eg

New Subdivision from CAD—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop