One geoobject with two separate polygons - how can I split these?

Jump to solution
07-12-2013 04:13 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: milaslu

I have received data from another system and imported it into a shapefile. One of the lines/records in the attribute table have two separate polygons. So, if I highlight/select this line/record in the attribute table, there are two separate polygons in the map highlighted/selected. This means that one geoobject consists of two separate polygons.
How can I split this geoobject into two, so that each polygon has it's own line in the attribute table?
I could of course do a workaround and create a new geoobject on top of one of the polygons and then delete the original one (if you understand what I mean...), but this is a bit time consuming.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: geomanscott

Edit the shapefile using the Explode tool. The toolbar icon is three red diagonal dots.
Scott

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: geomanscott

Edit the shapefile using the Explode tool. The toolbar icon is three red diagonal dots.
Scott
0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor
Scott

Just elaborating on Scott's message, to note that the Explode tool is found on the Advanced Editing Toolbar, not the regular Editor toolbar (not entirely obvious).
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: milaslu

Hi,
Thanks a lot - both of you, now I can keep on working with this issue!
/Regards, �?sa
0 Kudos