needing a little help with a gdb and a standalone table

Jump to solution
01-26-2015 12:53 PM
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor

I was given a gdb from a client containing a water system (lines, valves, meters, etc). Not a large one. I subsequently asked if there was any elevation data obtained when the data was field surveyed. He then sent me a standalone table titled "gpsPositions" Could have have someone look at these and tell me how to "join" them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MKH

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor

Xander...that is really great. I'm going to continue this thread with an issue on this data. I have changed my coord system to arkansas north state plane, and when i list the location, I am still getting what looks like meters. Do i have to convert those to feet? I was assuming when I change my coord system, that it would adjust elevations too. Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.

Mike

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Normally I would suggest that you "close" this thread and start another. You can do this by marking the post that answered you question as the correct answer. In the other thread if necessary you could include a link to this thread. The description of this thread may not attract the correct audience.

First of all when you change a coordinate system you normally project the data to another coordinate system. This is the process of changing the coordinates of the geometry by the projection and possibly a transformation. A coordinate system can have a vertical reference in meters or feet or any other unit.

When projecting, the XYZ values of the geometry change, the values in the attribute table do not change.

I am sure that Melita Kennedy who is really an expert in this field can provide you with a more adequate answer.

0 Kudos