Missing reference output fields when doing geocodeAddresses on intersection

07-02-2019 06:36 AM
MarniFowler1
New Contributor

I have a US Address - Dual Range address locator that I've created in 10.6. It works great except for one thing. When I do a geocodeAddresses on an intersection, I do not get back all the output fields I would expect, mainly ref_id1 and ref_id2. I do get back ref_id but is it -1. If I do the same intersection with findAddressCandidates, I do get those output fields.

The locator is created against a HERE streets database.

The previous locator I created in 9.3.1 returned a value for ref_id for intersections and addresses. So I expected the newer one to do the same.

I've looked thru the documentation and examples and I can't find anything that is useful. Is there some setting I'm missing?

I did find this article but I was not able to find the lines of code they are referencing in my .loc.xml file:    https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012860

What do I need to do to get the geocodeAddresses to return a ref_id (or street_id) for located intersections?  I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue (I hope).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Marni:

Are you still encountering this behavior? If you have ArcGIS Pro available to you, try creating a similar locator using the Create Locator tool and use the StreetAddress role, which is similar to the Dual Ranges locator style used in the Create Address Locator tool. You will not be able to use this locator created with the Create Locator tool in ArcMap unless it is published to ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos