08-30-2011 06:57 AM
DianneFishel
New Contributor
Hi,
Last week I was able to successfully geocode and rematch addresses.  Today after I succesfully imported two Excel file, I get an error message "There was an error trying to process this table" when I right click on the file name after selecting the street, city, state and zip code.

What I am doing wrong?  It worked before!

Thanks,
Dianne
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus
Check the field names in the spreadsheet and make sure they don't have any spaces or special characters.
That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JackMcKinnon
New Contributor
Also watch out for one or more empty rows at the bottom of the address table.  This one perplexed me for a while when using a table which otherwise complied with the rules.
0 Kudos
KeriBlough
New Contributor II
I received the same error message during the geocode process.  The output was always created successfully, but the rematch address window was never available.  After reading the previous post, I set a print area in the spreadsheet to include only the cells that should be included in the output.  This time, when attempting to geocode, I selected the print area worksheet and all of the records geocoded without the error message and the rematch window opened.
0 Kudos