Managing of FILE Geodatabase - basics

02-09-2014 01:11 AM
StanStas
New Contributor
Hi,

First off all I�??m not programmer so it�??s difficult for me to explain my tasks.

I�??ve done my first customization for ArcGIS Desktop in VB.NET and now I need to connect variables (non-spatial) with a desktop database. My friend helped me and designed for me a structure of the database for my app (attachment) and also he set relations and tables in FILE Geodatabase.

Now I need to create functions to manage this FILE GDB for my ArcGIS customization. I don�??t know where to start so I�??m asking you for a little help. I will need to copy values from the GDB and save them into the GDB or delete whole tables or create new ones.

Do you think is it a good idea to work with FILE GDB or are there any other better options? Do you know about any samples/snippets that can help me at the beginning?

I know this are really basic questions but I'm a newbie 🙂 so thanks for any help,

Stan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31270[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31271[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: vangelo

There are three different forums which are more appropriate to this question, but first
you have to decide how you want to access the FGDB --  If it's with Python, head on
over to the Python forum; if it's with C#/.Net or Java, then ArcObjects SDKs is your
destination; and if it's outside of ArcGIS with C++, then the FGDB API is for you.  Any
way you choose, it would probably be wise to try using the product (reviewing the
documentation and trying to use samples), so you can ask a more specific question.

- V
0 Kudos
StanStas
New Contributor
There are three different forums which are more appropriate to this question, but first
you have to decide how you want to access the FGDB --  If it's with Python, head on
over to the Python forum; if it's with C#/.Net or Java, then ArcObjects SDKs is your
destination; and if it's outside of ArcGIS with C++, then the FGDB API is for you.  Any
way you choose, it would probably be wise to try using the product (reviewing the
documentation and trying to use samples), so you can ask a more specific question.

- V

Thank you for your advice. I'll try it on the ArcObjects SDKs forum.

Stan
0 Kudos