Loading Grid file (.grd) into ArcMap Using Arc Toolbox

11-23-2010 09:55 AM
WinnieLau
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have problems in adding .grd file into ArcMap 10 while my coworker next to me has no problem.  Please see attached files.

I tried to rename the .grd to.asc and then convert it to raster using ArcTool Conversion tool with no luck.

Any clue will help!  Thanks.

Winnie
0 Kudos
6 Replies
HaileyWright
New Contributor
Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem with ArcGIS Editor 10.0. Is this possible to do without a third party application?

Thanks,

Hailey
0 Kudos
AlexanderHohl
New Contributor II
I have exaclty the same problem. Has this issue been resolved yet?

I work with ArcView 10.1 and I have Geosoft v2.5.1 installed.

Thanks
Lionel
0 Kudos
Jose_FranciscoRoman_Solano
New Contributor
Hi, I tried to open your file in GIS, and as you say, it can't be displayed.
Have you tried  download "The Geosoft Plugin for ArcGIS"?, I did it and now I can display the file on ArcGIS.

Hope it works for you.

Best Regards.

PD.
- Have you found a different way to display the file?
- Link for geosoft plug-in
http://www.geosoft.com/support/downloads/plug-ins/plug-arcgis

Hi,

I have problems in adding .grd file into ArcMap 10 while my coworker next to me has no problem.  Please see attached files.

I tried to rename the .grd to.asc and then convert it to raster using ArcTool Conversion tool with no luck.

Any clue will help!  Thanks.

Winnie
0 Kudos
AmritaMundal1
New Contributor II

Hi,

The link opens up but when you try to download the Geosoft it shows 404 page not found.

Amrita.

0 Kudos
MarySharp
New Contributor
We have the same issue on 10.2. Following the thread comments, I installed the Geosoft plug-in version 3.2.0.2 and still had absolutely no success opening the .grd file. Our .grd is an ADCIRC file, so I'm thinking not all '.grd' files are equal.
0 Kudos
JohnBiczok
New Contributor

We have version 10.2 on our desktops and it will not import Geosoft grd files because it is not listed as a recognised rater format on the list (under Customize-ArcMap Options-Raster-Raster Dataset-File Formats) in either Arc or Arc Catalogue (apparently it has to be there and checked in both places?). An old laptop with V10.1 still on it has Geosoft grd listed as a recognised Raster format in it's list and imports the files fine. We have Target loaded and it should be better at loading these files than the Plug-in according to Geosoft. Does anyone know how to add the grd format to the raster list in Arc?

John

0 Kudos