Line Segment disappeared after editing, attributes still exist

Jump to solution
11-28-2012 10:56 AM
Nez_Perce_Soil_and_Water_Conse
New Contributor
Hi there, I am using ArcGIS 10.1 and never had this problem. I am creating Road segments, one I have created exists in the attribute table (Therefore I can select it from the attributes table) but doesn't show up on the display or Arcmap. It is a new shapefile and I would hate to go back and redo this one part. I understand I can delete selected and start the segment over, but is there another way for it to display? I have tried opening and closing, selecting from attributes and choosing edit vertices and moving them around and nothing has worked, its an invisible line segment basically.

Thank You.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor
I still occasionally see this and for a moment it confuses me, and then I realize I have either a definition query or a category symbology applied to the layer.  In either case any new features won't draw once completed and unselected. They are selectable in the second case and still show in the attribute table; and sometimes for some reason inexplicable to me they might remain selectable in the first case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnSobetzer
Frequent Contributor
I still occasionally see this and for a moment it confuses me, and then I realize I have either a definition query or a category symbology applied to the layer.  In either case any new features won't draw once completed and unselected. They are selectable in the second case and still show in the attribute table; and sometimes for some reason inexplicable to me they might remain selectable in the first case.
0 Kudos