Issues still with GeoEye data and the Mosaic Dataset?

Jump to solution
06-10-2015 12:09 PM
JamesHipple
New Contributor

I am on 10.3.1 (version 10.3.1.4959) and have been trying to create a Mosaic Dataset with GeoEye data. 

I get the following errors in ArcCatalog :

80042019: Could not build mosaic dataset item

8004203f: Could not open source as a raster dataset

80040213: Failed to open raster dataset

80040219: Could not build mosaic dataset item

I thought this was supposed to be fixed with the GeoEye metadata patch in 10.2 and in the 10.3 release?

Anyone have any success with alternatives on getting GeoEye data into a Mosaic Dataset?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try using one NITF first to the Raster Dataset followed by the remaining images...

When using commercial NITF imagery, such as Quickbird, GeoEye, IKONOS, WorldView-1, WorldView-2, or RapidEye, you will want to first ingest one image into the mosaic dataset using the NITF raster type. This will create a mosaic dataset using the NITF fields. Then use the sensor-specific raster type to add the remaining imagery. When the first image is added it will create the NITF fields, any subsequent additions of imagery will populate the fields accordingly.

Think Location

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi James,

What is the format of the GeoEye data?

Think Location
0 Kudos
JamesHipple
New Contributor

The data is in NITF (*.ntf).

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try using one NITF first to the Raster Dataset followed by the remaining images...

When using commercial NITF imagery, such as Quickbird, GeoEye, IKONOS, WorldView-1, WorldView-2, or RapidEye, you will want to first ingest one image into the mosaic dataset using the NITF raster type. This will create a mosaic dataset using the NITF fields. Then use the sensor-specific raster type to add the remaining imagery. When the first image is added it will create the NITF fields, any subsequent additions of imagery will populate the fields accordingly.

Think Location
JamesHipple
New Contributor

Thanks. That worked for me.

0 Kudos
BrianKaplan
Occasional Contributor

It did not work for me!!!  I have over 600 Worldview-2 images in one folder.  Some are 8 band and some panchromatic.  I created a mosaic for each.  I added one panchromatic image to the Pan mosaic and one MS to the MS mosaic as NTFs.   I then tried to add them using the WorldView-2 Raster Type customizing the raster type properties specific to panchromatic or multispectral and the images do not get added.  I'm using 10.3.1.4959

0 Kudos