Is this going to be a new fix for NIM090672

Jump to solution
01-05-2015 06:55 AM
StevenGraf1
Occasional Contributor III

Here is the technical article. 41119 - NIM090672: Specific Microsoft updates may result in data corruption with file geodatabases o...

About 6 months ago this randomly happened to our server.  I contacted ESRI Tech Support and they gave me a work around because the hotfix didn't work.  I recently upgraded our servers to Server 2012 R2 and installed ArcGIS 10.3 hoping the problem would be gone but it still persists. Is there going to be a fix that works for this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StevenGraf1

ESRI was able to help me resolve the issue.  I was getting the same error that is described in the above NIM article but the issue was something else.

Our IT staff updated our Anti-Virus software when the issue began which then blocked ArcGIS programs from creating feature classes in a file geodatabase on a network share.  We are in the process of creating exceptions for our ArcGIS programs and extensions.

Thanks ESRI for resolving this issue!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

That nimbus bug is marked as "as designed" because the problem was caused by a Microsoft patch. A Microsoft patch due out in August 2013 was supposed to fix it. If you're having a similar problem, please contact technical support to report it.

Melita

StevenGraf1

Thanks, ESRI got in contact with me and we are going to address the issue again soon.

Steven

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

ESRI was able to help me resolve the issue.  I was getting the same error that is described in the above NIM article but the issue was something else.

Our IT staff updated our Anti-Virus software when the issue began which then blocked ArcGIS programs from creating feature classes in a file geodatabase on a network share.  We are in the process of creating exceptions for our ArcGIS programs and extensions.

Thanks ESRI for resolving this issue!

0 Kudos