Is there a way to edit features that have attachements, but does not need Standard or Advanced? I need to just edit the attributes and none of the related tables.

10-07-2016 01:54 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a feature class that I extracted from our ArcGIS online environment that has attachments.  I need to do some cleanup in the attribute table but all of the attachments and locations are all set.  Is there a way to edit just the feature and not the related tables so I do not need to have the person who is doing it a standard or advanced license. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Justin,

It looks like that creating a feature class with attachments enabled requires a standard or advanced license. So I am not sure about editing just the regular feature class part. Have you tried editing it with a Basic license to see what happens?

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Justin,

Have you tried editing it and seeing what happens? I am curious to know of your findings. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried loading just the feature class and it added the related tables.  So when I tried to edit it on the machine with Basic it said it was not licensed.  I then tried to drag only the feature class from catalog and one time it appeared to only load the features, but most attempts loaded the related tables and still was not editable.  I created a feature class now that is separate from the attachments for the edits.  Once they are done, then I will join and clean up the data.   

0 Kudos