IReplicationAgent SynchronizeReplica question

Jump to solution
10-15-2012 03:17 PM
BillLanza
New Contributor
I am trying to automate our replica synchronization process.  When I run the ReplicationAgent.SynchronizeReplica() method it does not throw and exception, but does return False. Digging down into the ReplicationAgentObject shows a "CancelTracker" with a value of "Write Only Properties are not allowed".  

There is no more information.  I was wondering if anyone had a clue as to what "Properties" this may refer to.  I can Sync the replicas through arc catalog with no problem.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor
The method returns TRUE if conflicts were detected.  It returns FALSE if no conflicts were detected. 

Looks like this info is something missing from the .NET help.
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcobjects-net/componenthelp/index.html#/SynchronizeReplica_Meth...

I will add a bug to have this updated.

Thanks for pointing this out.

-Heather

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HeatherMcCracken
Esri Contributor
The method returns TRUE if conflicts were detected.  It returns FALSE if no conflicts were detected. 

Looks like this info is something missing from the .NET help.
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcobjects-net/componenthelp/index.html#/SynchronizeReplica_Meth...

I will add a bug to have this updated.

Thanks for pointing this out.

-Heather
0 Kudos
SurajKoneri
New Contributor II
Hi Bill,

Can you please tell me were you able to resolve the issue. Even i am facing same, SynchroniseReplica function returing False value.
I want to log the details about it with some error/success information.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Suraj
0 Kudos
BillLanza
New Contributor
Suraj,

There was nothing for me to resolve. I just misunderstood, that the FALSE returned was an indication of conflicts, not an indication that the sync failed. For my app I don't care what the conflicts were so I am not pursuing this any further.

Bill
0 Kudos