Installed GDBT tools for 10 and it does not show up to use in ArcCatalog or ArcMap

02-17-2011 05:17 AM
JimmyHensarling
New Contributor
I have installed 10 and sp 1 for 10. I downloaded the new version of GDBT for 10 and installed it. However, the GDBT tools do not show up anywhere in  ArcCatalog or ArcMap.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
JorgeHernandez1
New Contributor II

I'm glad you got it working.  The GDBT tool used to be available back then via GeoNet links, I forgot the include them back then.  I do have a copy when I download it and can share it as needed.  This tool is not supported anymore and that's one of the reasons it has been removed.  You might get an error message when working in Catalog, but I usually ignore it, this does not affect anything at all.  It has been very helpful because I have scripted versioning and compress using python and I can see when the state tree is back to zero .  I have it working in ArcCatalog 10.5.1 as well.

Thank you Mahinda!

Jorge 

0 Kudos
JorgeHernandez1
New Contributor II

This Also works for Version 10.4.1 Just change the directory to the following location listed below and copy the file here and don't forget to register the file using CMD.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.4\bin

JohnAnderson1
New Contributor III

Hello fellow Legacy Software Maintainers, there appears to be a problem running the GDBT toolset with ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1. This problem may also occur with ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1 but I have not tested this. Despite using the registry workaround described by @JorgeHernandez1 above, the following error appears when attempting to view the GDBT Versioning Lineage tool:

Error: VersioningLineageVB:Class_Initialize//Component 'TSVX9V~1.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I managed to get the GDBT Versioning Lineage tool working on 10.8.1 by doing the following. Note that you follow these instructions at your own risk.

The error above occurs because later versions of ArcGIS Desktop install a more recent version of the .dll and .ocx files which reside in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Tom Sawyer Software

ArcGIS 10.8.1 creates a folder under the above location called "10.1.0"

ArcGIS 10.6.1 creates a folder under the above location called "8.0.0"

The GDBT toolset relies on version 8.0.0 being available, and all the .dll and .ocx files inside the folder must be registered. So, if you have upgraded to 10.8.1 you need to get a copy of the 8.0.0 folder from another machine that has ArcGIS 10.6.1 installed. Copy the 8.0.0 folder onto your machine into the same location (under the "Tom Sawyer Software" folder. Then open Command Prompt as an Administrator, cd to the 8.0.0 folder and then type the following commands to register the .dll and .ocx files:

FOR %1 IN (*.DLL) DO REGSVR32 /S %1
FOR %1 IN (*.OCX) DO REGSVR32 /S %1

Close Command Prompt.

Open ArcCatalog. The Versioning Lineage tool should now work.

JorgeHernandez1
New Contributor II

I want to thank John for the updated post.  We are still on version 10.7.1 and the tool still works, but it will definitely save us a lot of time when we move on to version 10.8.1.