In an Enterprise Geodatabase, how can I create feature datasets without including the username in the name? I am creating one from scratch for my university's department, and I don't want the datasets to forever have my name on them?

05-19-2016 06:47 AM
deleted-user-XB0DzuoRiX4g
New Contributor

In an Enterprise Geodatabase, how can I create feature datasets without including the username in the name?  I am creating one from scratch for my university's department, and I don't want the datasets to forever have my name on them?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

Do you not connect to your geodb using a specific named user (db auth).

Some interesting info here about dbp vs sde vs other users.

DBO or SDE or what schema?

A comparison of geodatabase owners in SQL Server—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

deleted-user-XB0DzuoRiX4g
New Contributor

I connect using machine authorization.

0 Kudos
Ross_PaulMartin
Occasional Contributor

To correct this - do not use your personal user name with direct connect  (machine authentication). You need to log in with the schema owner user name. This is usually the account that was used to administrate the feature classes or Feature datasets or the database base admin. The schema owner needs to be the one who administers and adds content. Otherwise your going to have individually braded tables that are created below the primary instance of the database - with user names attached, if this is done - ultimately you will have an unmanageable sharing environment.