ImportError: No module named ExcelToTable

Jump to solution
06-13-2015 11:56 AM
AlbertClawson
New Contributor

System: Windows 8.1 64 bis, ArcMap 10.3.0.4322, Python 2.7.10150 which is installed in c:\python27

pythonpath=c:\Python27\ArcGIS10.3\Lib\site-packages

When I attempt to import data from an .xlsx file in the toolbox I get the following error as soon as the file dialog opens (before I even attempt to specify the filename)

file:///C:/Users/A/AppData/Roaming/esri/Desktop10.3/ArcToolbox/Dlg/MdDlgContent.htm#ERROR file:///C:/Users/A/AppData/Roaming/esri/Desktop10.3/ArcToolbox/Dlg/MdDlgContent.htm#

updateParameters Execution Error: Runtime error Traceback (most recent call last): File "c:\program files (x86)\arcgis\desktop10.3\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\Conversion Tools.tbx#ExcelToTable_conversion.UpdateParameters.py", line 4, in File "c:\program files (x86)\arcgis\desktop10.3\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\Conversion Tools.tbx#ExcelToTable_conversion.UpdateParameters.py", line 24, in updateParameters ImportError: No module named ExcelToTable

What exactly is missing and how can I correct this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Albert,

Just a guess. Excel to Table was supported from ArcGIS 10.2 (Python 2.7.5) onwards.

Could you install the Python 2.7.8 that comes with ArcGIS 10.3 setup. Then run a repair for ArcGIS Desktop.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Albert,

Just a guess. Excel to Table was supported from ArcGIS 10.2 (Python 2.7.5) onwards.

Could you install the Python 2.7.8 that comes with ArcGIS 10.3 setup. Then run a repair for ArcGIS Desktop.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Think Location
AlbertClawson
New Contributor

I ended up uninstalling python and ArcGIS, rebooting, then reinstalling ArcGIS and now everything seems to be working fine.    

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Albert (or someone) please move this thread somewhere else, say  Managing Data​.  This place is for help on using the GeoNet website.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Curtis...Done​

0 Kudos