Image of Raster Mosaic become invisible after Build footprint

01-20-2011 03:52 AM
MichaelStjernholm
New Contributor III
Hi

I have the annoying problem that the Image layer of a Mosaic Data set become invisible after I update the footprint using the "Build footprint" method.

I have a process model for a huge set of orthorectified aerial photos where I:
1) Create the mosaic data set
2) Load a workspace to the mosaic dataset
3) Update the footpint - This to mark the "real image data area"

After step 2) I can see the image layer perfectly, but after step 3) the image layer become invisible !

Any suggestions for settings to apply or post processing (as little as possible since the coverage is more than 400 GB
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor
Hello Michael,

Not sure how you are updating your footprints for your imagery but Esri have put together a really good help article for recalculating footprints:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//009t0000003w000000.htm
My recommendation is load your rasters to your mosaic dataset, recalculate your footprints as per the recommendations of the help file, then define and build your overviews. It should work very well from that point

Cheers
Gordon
0 Kudos
MichaelStjernholm
New Contributor III
Hi Gordon

The mosaic dataset have after the "Add Rasters to mosaic dataset" a Footprint. My problem is that I load some ortho rectified aerial photos, which have not a NoData value and have zero values both in the wedges along the raster edge and internally in the images, so I use the tool "Build Footprint" to update the Footprint from covering the extent of the raster to the outline of the real data. The "Build Footprint" tool works very fine for this task.

I have today seen that if I just once right-click the Image layer in the Mosaic dataset and select  "Zoom to source resolution" once, then the images load themselves correctly 🙂

Regards

Michael
0 Kudos
Jean-FrançoisLabrecque
New Contributor II
I have the same problem.  My 357 raster are in a raster catalog and all my image invisible.  But when i select my image in my table i only have a square line in blue in my view. 

See my attachment.

I really like to know why.

Thanks for helping.
0 Kudos