I am stuck again. This time I am trying to creat a new table from Catalog Window but It's not happening.

09-14-2017 01:12 PM
laxmiparajuli
New Contributor II

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is Make Table View and Create Table in ArcToolbox... try those instead of arccatalog

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Iaxmi,

What are you trying to do exactly? Are you following directions from a coursera site and getting stuck? Or are you just trying to make a table to have data in it? What is the purpose of the table is what I am wondering (since likely there are other/easier ways to make this table)?

laxmiparajuli
New Contributor II

Yes, I am following directions from a coursera site. in the topic "Data Structures and Personal Geodatabases in GIS". They have a guidelines that I ma trying to follow but I am not going smoothly !!

Here I am trying to learn to build out a table so that I can learn to work on it like editing, adding records and all.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

then make sure the table doesn't exist already and you have permissions to write in the destination

0 Kudos
laxmiparajuli
New Contributor II

This was the instruction I was following but mine table was not created !! I wonder where did I went wrong/ I am exactly following these steps

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Create a Folder on your Desktop> Create a geodatabase inside that> Try creating the same table there.....does this work?

0 Kudos