How to symbolize unique values for single-band mosaiked rasters?

12-13-2017 08:48 AM
MKF62
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have a mosaic dataset that contains 25 rasters. They all have the same symbology, but there is no option to symbolize by unique values in a mosaiked dataset. Unique values would be a problem for multiple band images, but not for a single band. Am I missing something? The only options I have in the symbology tab are Vector Field, Classified, Stretched, and Discrete Color.

This bug report says it was fixed in 10.1 NIM059496: Mosaic Datasets does not have an option for unique v.. 

It definitely wasn't though. 

I'm working with a 1-band, 8-bit unsigned integer, "continuous" mosaiked dataset on 10.5. Is the fact that it's labeled "continuous" the problem?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

if they are indeed 1 band unsigned integer rasters, how did they get added as 'continuous' which to me implies a floating point raster not one that represents integer/image data.

0 Kudos
JohnGaiot
Occasional Contributor

I was wondering if this issue was ever resolved. I am getting the same problem. The original raster tiles can be displayed as unique integer values but when combined into a mosaic, the unique value option is no longer available even though the bit depth is the same as before (unsigned 8 bit). Is there a work around?

0 Kudos