How to download all ECW or JPG tiles from a web viewer?

05-09-2017 06:47 PM
AllisonRoss
New Contributor

Hello,

I've found an online server which has some aerial tiles I'd like to save at maximal resolution for offline use, I'd even be happy with just the whole JPG picture to be later georeferenced again by myself.

I did try to test the source URL (thru browser analysis tools) and found it's probably using an ERDAS ecw server setup and JPG tiles (also probably found the remote ECW directory but seemingly gives an access error message), however being no more experienced than reading some HTML, I don't know how I'd download the whole image at maximum zoom.

Upon looking potentially similar discussions I came across a software called taho, however I think it may not apply to my case.

Could you help me?

Here is the webpage viewer URL: //fotogrammi.regione.abruzzo.it/sampleiws/fotogrammi.asp?VOLO=VIGM54&&LOTTO=1&&STR_=48&&FOTO=1686

and here a sample tile URL //fotogrammi.regione.abruzzo.it/ecwp/ImageX.dll?image?cache=true&transparent=true&type=jpg&l=0&tx=9&ty=9&ts=256&fill=FFFFFF&quality=60&layers=/VIGM54/1/48/1686.ecw&srs=EPSG:RAW

which, also considering the peculiar "error" page (shows a local "C:\Program Files\ERDAS\Image Web Server" remote directory line) that loads up, led me to think that the ecw is stored at .../ecwp/VIGM54/1/48/1686.ecw

Thank you

Allison

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ToniCuea
New Contributor

Hi dear,

did you succced in this action ?  have the same problem here 

Dettaglio Carta – e-Geo 

Thank you for your reply !

0 Kudos