How do I populate feature linked annotation class for existing features?

Jump to solution
06-28-2016 12:20 PM
JohnBerg
New Contributor

I've created a new feature linked annotation class related to an existing populate feature class.   When I place a new feature the feature linked annotation is created and populated.  How do I handle the already existing data in the feature class so that when I update the attribute in the feature linked annotation the annotation will show ?

Do I need to mass create all the related records?  And if so how?   Can I do it as needed?

Or did I miss some option or different way I should have created the feature linked annotation class which would have handled this?

thanks

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnBerg
New Contributor

That works for items with a row in the annotation table but doesn't help if I already have a bunch of records I'm now creating a link to.

I belive the answer is to use a label expression first and then convert labels to annotation - that covers the existing records.  My mistake was going directly to arccatalog first and creating the linked annotation class but that doesn't populate rows for existing data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
JohnBerg
New Contributor

That works for items with a row in the annotation table but doesn't help if I already have a bunch of records I'm now creating a link to.

I belive the answer is to use a label expression first and then convert labels to annotation - that covers the existing records.  My mistake was going directly to arccatalog first and creating the linked annotation class but that doesn't populate rows for existing data.

0 Kudos