How do i add a photo attachment to an already created Layer in ArcMap ?

07-21-2016 12:47 PM
HashemAbdo1
New Contributor III

I watched a video about how you can add a field in the attribute table of type Raster but when i try i dont have the option to add a raster type field. Can anyone help me with that method or a easier way to do so ? I'm trying to attach a picture to each Public Art feature. Thank you in advancePhoto_attachment.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

Are you working with a geodatabase feature class. Raster will not be available for shapefiles.

HashemAbdo1
New Contributor III

Yes i'm using a shapefile :s but is there a fast way to transfer everything from a shapefile to a Geodatabase feature ?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

create a geodatabase in ArcCatalog, then add features to it Copy Features—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

are you trying to make hyperlinks Using Hyperlinks—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

or are you trying to make a blob field

ArcGIS field data types—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

the available field types depends on the type of table you are using as well

HashemAbdo1
New Contributor III

Which one do you recommend to use ? I'm trying to add a feature (File Geodatabase) with an attached photo (raster file) from ArcMap to google earth. When i use the tool Layer to KML i get the feature but when i open the google earth file i can't view the photo attached to Google Earth

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

what options are you using in Layer To KML—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

HashemAbdo1
New Contributor III

I'm using the Layer to KML tool but when i convert my geodatabase to a KML file all the information is shown on google earth except the raster photo ;S

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so the image you refer to is it a popup? Setting HTML pop-up properties for feature layers—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop as mentioned in the layer to kml tool?

HashemAbdo1
New Contributor III

That's what i'm basically getting. I have a geodatabase file with a attached raster photo but when i transfer from shapefile to  kml i get the feature but without the photo

0 Kudos