How can I transform a projection from WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere to NAD_1983_StatePlane_Ohio_South_FIPS_3402_Feet

12-27-2019 04:30 PM
JohnKnouse
New Contributor III

How can I transform a projection from WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere to NAD_1983_StatePlane_Ohio_South_FIPS_3402_Feet? I've tried everything I can think of. As usual, when I look at on-line help, it tells me to use tools that do not exist on my ArcMap. Where the transformation tool SHOULD be, under Data Management -> Projections and Transformations, there's no there there.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

Are you trying to re-project data from Web Mercator to the Ohio State Planes projection? If that's the case, the Project tool should do the trick.

Project—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

The tool will output a new dataset that will be transformed from the Web Mercator into the Ohio State Planes projection. Here's a video, if you're unfamiliar with the workflow:

12.30.2019-09.20.22 

If I'm mistaken about what you're trying to do, apologies! But hopefully, this helps!

Best,

Lauren

0 Kudos
StefanThorn2
New Contributor

Unfortunately this is not workable for feature classes with relationship classes and attachments in a fgdb. All relations will be broken.

0 Kudos
StefanThorn2
New Contributor

Hi John,

this is what I did and maybe can help you:

• In ArcMap 10.5 it is possible to reproject my data from AGOL (mercator) on the fly using the environment settings and set the output coordinates similar to the database (RDnew). I used it to append data to a sql-database but cannot preserve globalids and relations with related tables are lost and have try to fix them in workarounds.....
  • I have build a model in 10.5 to append datasets from several sources to a database which works perfectly, but cannot maintain globalIDs. I set the output coordinates for each append tool in the model to be sur
  • In ArcGIS Pro (2.41) the preserve GlobalID option is available, Perfect! and I can use my model.
  • BUT...now it is not possible to set the environment output coordinates for the append tools...soooo disappointing....
0 Kudos