How can i reorder the individual locators in a composite address locator?

01-05-2016 10:00 AM
SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

I have a composite address locator and the first three are street based locators that will put the points on the streets. The fourth and fifth locators are parcel based. The problem is I need my points to be parcel accurate and when I use this locator majority of the addresses are matched by the first three locators and the points are put on the streets. I want to modify my locator and make the parcel based locators to be on the top. How can I do that? Any suggestions will be appreciated!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sona,

If you open ArcCatalog and do to the composite Locator in question and right click it and choose properties the "Composite Address Locator Properties" dialog will appear and you can promote and demote participating locator in the "Participating Address Locators" grid.

Untitled-1.jpg

SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

This locator is from a server and all options are greyed out.

0 Kudos
SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

this is the only property that I can see and its greyed out.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sona,

The image you attached is the properties for a single locator and not the composite.

0 Kudos
SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

Its the properties of composite locator. When I click on the drop down arrow next to the "Locator" at the top, I can see all the individual locators and its properties.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sona,

Sounds like a permissions issue. Do you have the appropriate permissions and write access?

0 Kudos
SonaSunny
Occasional Contributor

No.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos