How can I create a NetCDF from precipitation raster data?

05-04-2016 03:49 PM
FranzLeonardo
Occasional Contributor

I have a lot of precipitation raster data (more 5000 files), created by kriging interpolation. All grid cells have the same size and the maps the same spacial extent  I want merge all data in NetCDF. How can I do that?

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

have you explored the multidimensional toolset? which covers various ways of dealing with/producing netcdf files within arcmap

An overview of the Multidimension toolbox—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

scipy and numpy handle netcdf as well since they are multidimensional by default... so you have many options

ie scipy.io.netcdf.netcdf_file — SciPy v0.14.0 Reference Guide

and scipy and numpy are delivered with arcmap and aprgis Pro (recent versions in any event)

EDIT

you may find this interesting as well 6,000+ rasters the follow-up

0 Kudos
FranzLeonardo
Occasional Contributor

Yes, tried, but I can´t merge all data into NetCDF. Maybe, do you have a tutorial step by step.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

the tutorial is linked in the help files

About the netCDF Tutorial—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

You should bookmark this link to make it easier to search for materials for both arcmap and pro

Documentation | ArcGIS for Desktop

good luck

0 Kudos
FranzLeonardo
Occasional Contributor

Thanks I checked, but ArcGIS has tools for read NetCDF, I don not see tools for created. Raster To NetCDF does not work with many files (more 5000). If you have a tutorial for create NetCDF from raster data, welcome. Thanks.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You will have to go outside of arcmap and choose your language...there are modules for python etc  You can search pypi

PyPI - the Python Package Index : Python Package Index  or GitHub How people build software · GitHub if a standard web search has turned up nothing.

0 Kudos